Monday, January 20, 2014

Resolutions

I have rarely made resolutions, knowing from childhood that they fade away by February or March.  And this year was no different until a few days into the new year, when I heard of a friend with cancer, then another, and another, and then we had some minor health issues in our own family. 
 Which made me think. 

 It was my wake-up call. 


This is a forsythia.  In most places, it blooms in the spring.  Here, it is a middle of the winter bloomer.  A promise of what is to come later. 
 Life in the midst of winter.  



So, this year, I have resolved to LIVE.  Appreciate my family and friends.  Take care of myself.  And see everything through a filter of love and humor.  And so, with this in mind, here is my first "selfie" 
(laugh with me!)


With that said, please visit the other members of this group and read their views:

Catherine Witherell: http://happydayart.typepad.com
pencilfox www.pencilfox.com


9 comments:

  1. Thoughtful. Yes, you have reminded each of us to live each day to the fullest, you never know when it is your last. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Today, I played baseball with my son. Not that I am good at it, but I am trying to make memories for him

      Delete
  2. your post is perfect. and that is an excellent resolution:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a wake up call for us all! Thank you for writing this. You have such a cute shadow. :O)

    Catherine Witherell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. In real life, I look like Marie, my sister, although she is taller and her hair is shorter and has more pairs of boots than I do. *smile*

      Delete
  4. sweet and honest little post, sister mine….

    ReplyDelete